Whether science based or not we pretty much all know that chocolate makes us feel better about the world. To follow up on that there’s nothing quite like biting into a warm chocolate chip cookie- it’s the comfort food, sweet-tooth satisfying snack that we all know and love.
What if you were to combine luscious dark chocolate with everyone’s guilty pleasure- cookie dough?! ….. Drum roll please… I give you chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. There is no hiding the fact that these are one decadent bite but definitely a guaranteed fan favourite.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 pounds dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Oreos
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar and add in vanilla
- Gradually add in flour and the condensed milk
- Stir in mini-chocolate chips and form into 1 inch balls
- Chill for one hour
- Melt the dark chocolate and using two forks ( key techique that I learn after trying to use my fingers) dip cookie balls into the chocolate
- Place on wax paper and top with almonds, Oreo peices or sprinkles… or whatever other fun toppings you can think of!
- Chill for at least and hour ( or overnight if you can)