What’s the one time of year when it’s actually acceptable to gorge ourselves with chocolate and candy?! I’m talking about the sugar lover’s favourite holiday, Halloween! We love getting dressed up and seeing the totally ridiculous costumes that everyone comes up with but more than that, we love the treats that come along with it.
This year, our office had a costume and baking contest so I couldn’t not contribute with a hauntedly delicious creation. These chocolate spiders are the perfect spooky bite… and even though they’re not the most beautiful looking, they definitely taste good and are so incredibly simple to make.
- 1 cup Spanish salted peanuts
- 1 cup Chinese noodles ( I know it sounds weird, but they add the perfect crunch!)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips
- Once completely melted, add in the Chinese noodles and peanuts and stir until coated
- Using two spoons, scoop out mixture into clusters and place onto a lined baking sheet
- Cool in the fridge overnight
Alsoo, fun fact- this was the first Halloween ever that I carved a pumpkin! My goal was for it to be the new Raptors logo but I think for a first ever attempt it turned out pretty good!
Hope everyone had a spooktacular Halloween!