Chocolate and peanut butter have always been known to be a match made in heaven. The sweet and salty combination makes anything incorporating these flavours irresistible. But what if one was to amp up this combo to the next level… Chocolate. Peanut. Pretzel.
These squares incorporate a simple cookie style base, with a chocolaty peanuty topping that includes pretzels for extra crunch and saltiness. These little bites of deliciousness are seriously to die for and will satisfy every sweet tooth craving you have ever had. Get ready to have self control go out the window, because you’ll want to keep going back for more of these.
For the base:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 cup pretzel pieces lightly crushed
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8 inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter with sugars until smooth and fluffy. Add egg yolks and vanilla
- In a separate stir the flour, oats, and salt to combine. Stir the dry ingreidents into the wet until blended and spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate in a double boiler ( in a metal or glass bowl over a pot with boiling water). Once melted, remove bowl from heat and stir in pretzel pieces and chopped peanuts.
- Pierce with warm base with a paring knife and spread the chocolate mixture the top. Chill for at least 2 hours.