This is one of the first desserts that my grandma taught me how to make.
The natural sweetness of the banana accompanied by significant amounts of chocolate chips make this a delicious classic dessert. Beware, one loaf of these wont last long!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 butter ( or oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together
- Add eggs, crushed bananas, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt- then add to creamed mixture
- Bake in a 8×4 loaf pan for 60 minutes at 350′ ( start checking for doneness after 45 minutes) . Place a tooth pick in the centre of the bread to check for doneness- if it comes out clean, it’s ready!