Looking for a delicious spin on a classic breakfast favourite? This caramelized pear stuffed french toast is simple and easy to make and will be sure to impress for breakfast or even dessert!
- 4 slices of challah bread
- 1 pear sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 dash cinnamon
1. Heat butter and sugar on medium heat until the mixture is bubbling and the sugar is dissolved
2. Add the pears cut side down and cook until browned and caramelized on each side, then remove from pan
3. Mix together 2 eggs and cinnamon
4. Place caramelized pears on the sliced bread to create a sandwich and dip into the egg mixture to coat bread on both sides
5. Add butter back into the hot pan and then add the french toast. Cook until each side is browned
If you give this recipe a shot, make sure to take a sweet picture of it and tag us on instagram at @apenneforyourthought !